Newborn Passports FAQs

How to Obtain a U.S. Passport for an International Newborn

You must complete an application to obtain a passport for your child. This application can be completed online or downloaded or printed from the United States Department of State’s website, starting here.

If your travel plans require an expedited passport, please notify our office immediately after the birth. We will be more than happy to help you obtain your child’s passport. You should at least allow 5-7 days for this process. You can go to a regional passport office for expedited service or we also use an expediting service, Passport & Visa Advisors, to help expedite passports. Please click on the link below to go directly to their website.

Why Choose Reproductive Law Center?


All communications between Reproductive Law Center and our clients are secret and confidential by the law of attorney-client privilege, which is valid throughout the United States. To represent you, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement; then we can exchange confidential information freely.

Flat-rate Service Package & Free Initial Consultation

We accept referrals from assisted parents, from egg donor, embryo donor, and surrogacy agencies, from physicians, psychologists, and attorneys, and from other interested persons. Our law offices are fully equipped with highly trained paralegal and administrative staff to assist in serving our clients. We offer single-price, all-inclusive service packages or reasonable hourly fees. Your initial consultation is free.

Request A Free Consult

Reproductive Law Center is committed to providing you and your family with extraordinary legal support in all aspects of family formation, whether you reside in the United States or abroad. We provide a free initial consultation and look forward to helping you.