Newborn Social Security Number FAQs

How to Obtain a U.S. Social Security Number for a Baby Born through Surrogacy

You will need to make a written request to obtain your child’s social security number/card.

You can obtain an application for a newborn social security number at the United States’ Social Security Administration’s website, at this page. More information about newborn social security numbers is on that same website, starting at this page.

Why Choose Reproductive Law Center?


All communications between Reproductive Law Center and our clients are secret and confidential by the law of attorney-client privilege, which is valid throughout the United States. To represent you, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement; then we can exchange confidential information freely.

Flat-rate Service Package & Free Initial Consultation

We accept referrals from assisted parents, from egg donor, embryo donor, and surrogacy agencies, from physicians, psychologists, and attorneys, and from other interested persons. Our law offices are fully equipped with highly trained paralegal and administrative staff to assist in serving our clients. We offer single-price, all-inclusive service packages or reasonable hourly fees. Your initial consultation is free.

Request A Free Consult

Reproductive Law Center is committed to providing you and your family with extraordinary legal support in all aspects of family formation, whether you reside in the United States or abroad. We provide a free initial consultation and look forward to helping you.