Newborn Social Security Numbers

How to Obtain a U.S. Social Security Number for a Baby Born through Surrogacy

Q: Will my child's social security number/card automatically be sent to me?

You will need to make a written request to obtain your child's social security number/card.

Q: What forms must I complete in order to request my child's social security number/card?

You can obtain an application for a newborn social security number at the United States' Social Security Administration's website, at this page. More information about newborn social security numbers is on that same website, starting at this page.



All communications between Reproductive Law Center and our clients are protected by the attorney-client privilege and are confidential. To represent you, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement; then we can exchange confidential information freely.

Flat-rate Service Package
Free Initial Consultation

We are able to represent intended parents, surrogates, egg donors, embryo donors, and sperm donors. Our law offices are fully equipped with highly trained paralegal and administrative staff to assist in serving our clients. We offer single-price, all-inclusive service packages or reasonable hourly fees. Your initial consultation is free.